Wednesday, December 19, 2012

David Archuleta Announces His Mission 12/19/11

Today is the Anniversary of when David made his announcement in Salt Lake City, Utah that he would be going on his Mission. It was the saddest day for me. I watched it happening on a livestream. Right before my very eyes I was hearing that he was going away for 2 years and giving up his career. I balled my eyes out. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I couldn't understand the cheering and the applauding. It totally threw me off. I didn't understand why people were cheering for someone who was leaving for 2 years. I still cannot really watch this video. It has been 9 months and I'm still here waiting for his return. I know now today that this is what he really wanted to do and something he had to do. I understand better today the reason for the applause because they were proud of him even though I still don't really like that part of it. I cried for weeks maybe more after this announcement. Sometimes I'm still sad that he's gone. But today is a day to HONOR HIM for making this decision, so I am going to post the video. David is a young man who always follows his heart no matter what and that is something I've learned from him. He is true to himself, his values and his beliefs. His music represents that as well. I love David Archuleta. Through his music and his caring personality ... that is why I am still here waiting for his return in 2014.




No comments:

Post a Comment