Thursday, January 16, 2014

Heart and Soul


I may love David Archuleta for different reasons than others.

I think everyone has a unique story in the way in which David came into
their lives and how he touched them.

I not only love his voice and music, but I love him as a person.
His personality and mostly, his great and humble character has taught me a lot.
He is a very thoughtful, giving, caring person.
Each day he makes me want to be a better person.

Each day he makes me look at myself...my flaws and what I need to work on.

He has helped me grow more in my faith and depend on it even more.

I respect him immensely for who he is and how grounded he is.

If I thought anything would upset him or disrespect him or make him feel uncomfortable,
I wouldn't do it.  I care too much about him as a person.

I've watched and listened to his many interviews online, seen him in concert on stage,
and met him in person several times. I love how he feels the music and the song and interprets lyrics enough to know what an absolutely beautiful human being he is.

He is the most non-judgmental person I have ever encountered, and he treats each and
every person with respect.  That is why I feel he deserves the most respect in return.

The songs and lyrics he chooses to sing and the ones he's written are always
uplifting and inspiring to me.

I don't like putting him on a pedestal because I feel he is very much human and goes through the same ups and downs we all do.  I feel he has insecurities, happy moments, sad moments, and goes through hard times in life, just like we all do.  But I do know that he instills in me the art of acceptance, no regrets, trials, pushing ahead, putting one foot in front of the other, and learning from my mistakes.

I cannot share my personal story online of what he's really done for me.  Perhaps it's too personal or too sacred to me.  I've written him.  He knows how I feel, and that is enough for me.  His songs have helped me through some of my darkest days.

I will always be a fan of him and his music.  I love his heart and soul and character and
personality just as much as his music.


4 comments:

  1. Patty Ann, I feel like these word came straight from my heart too. You said it so eloquently. He has taught me so much and has inspired me to be a better person. There is no singer out there that has the heart that this young man has. Very proud to be his fan and always will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have expressed a lot of the feelings I have. "You will know them by their fruit" the Bible says. "Out of the abundance of your heart, your mouth speaks". We know a lot of what is in his heart by what he expresses in music. He deserves much respect; that is what he always gives everyone. This was beautifully written. Thank you, Patty-Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way as you do Patty about David. I've never been in any of his concert nor met him in person but from all the vlogs I've watched and from reading most of the fan sites and all the good things about him I know David is different from everyone who is in this industry. I never thought that I will be an avid fan of anyone cos i'm not that kind of person but I did because of David. I'm happy with my being his fan cos I got to know other fans online and hopefully meet them personally one day in one of his concert as that is in my bucket list. Who knows maybe we'll get to meet one day. I hope and pray the best for David cos he deserves it. He is like a son to me and I'm so happy and thankful to his family cos they brought him in our life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Patty! Amazing how a lot of us feel can be touched on so beautifully. I realize David is not perfect but respect begets respect. He has respect for others in the music industry, for his family, for his fans, for his friends. His respect reflects in the eyes and actions of others as they follow suit and be the kind of person he is because of him. He doesn't demand respect but definitely deserves it. The "humble character" that you touched on and his dulcet soul and voice drew me in to being a more dedicated fan.
    Thank you Patty, love everything you said!

    ReplyDelete