Monday, November 13, 2017

Some people have low self-esteem and it's really not their fault.
Maybe they grew up in a home not receiving that love and nurturing
at a young age. Maybe their parents died or weren't around.
Maybe they were still a kid but had to grow up fast and be an adult.
Maybe they lived in bad situations where there was alcohol or drug
abuse.

Low self-esteem is a deeply embedded wound.
Perhaps a person was emotionally abused or physically abused.

Perhaps they suffer from abandonment and rejection issues.
Maybe in school they were made fun of.

It is hard to love others when you don't love yourself.
It can take a lifetime of developing self-esteem.

You have to reaffirm to yourself every day that you have value
and worth and certain situations will remind you of all these
bad feelings again resurfacing, rejection, abandonment each
time they occur.

That is why I love David's new CD - Postcards in the Sky.

These songs help me to believe in myself. Find my voice.
Know that I was put here on this Earth for a reason.

His music gives me hope and faith and a sense of connection
with something. If not people, than God himself.

One of my favorite songs on his new album is
SAY ME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5hBkBht4PI

No comments:

Post a Comment